For those of you coming along to Auto Assembly 2013 in August, we have an urgent update for all of you regarding hotel accommodation at the Hilton…
The Hilton has now completely SOLD OUT of rooms in the hotel for Friday evening and only has a LIMITED number of twin rooms left for the Saturday and Sunday nights. If you are attending the convention and want to stay in the convention hotel then you need to book your rooms NOW to avoid disappointment.
We are still trying to find alternative rates at nearby hotels to the Hilton but there are several other hotels both on the NEC complex and at Birmingham International Airport, all within a mile of the Hilton. In terms of nearby hotels, we have identified the following that you may wish to consider:-
- Arden Hotel and Leisure Club – located at the side of the NEC complex, this is a three-star hotel. 0.7 miles from the NEC complex itself
- Crowne Plaza – this is the closest to the Hilton, but is currently sold out over the convention weekend. 4 star hotel.
- Etap – located on the Birmingham International Airport site, this is a low budget hotel with basic accommodation. 0.7 miles from the NEC
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC – on the NEC site, a three-star hotel approximately 0.6 miles from the main NEC complex.
- Ibis Hotel – located at Birmingham International Airport, this is a two-star hotel. 0.7 miles from the NEC complex itself
- Novotel – located at Birmingham International Airport, this is a four-star hotel. 0.7 miles from the NEC complex itself
- Premier Inn Birmingham NEC / Airport – actually in the NEC grounds despite it’s name, this is a two star hotel, 0.5 miles from the NEC complex
- Ramada Encore – on the NEC site, a three-star hotel approximately 0.5 miles from the main NEC complex.
Rather than booking directly with these, we would advise using a comparison site such as www.trivago.co.uk, www.hotels.com or www.expedia.co.uk to get the best possible rates. Alternatively, if you are willing to make a short 7-10 minute train ride from Birmingham City Centre, there are additional hotels there that may be more affordable. Better prices can be obtained for rooms without breakfast and if you are travelling with a group and are happy to share taxis between the Hilton and your hotel this can reduce costs further.
The Airport can be reached from the Hilton using the connecting monorail to Birmingham International rail station then walking through the NEC complex although this can close for access late at night. A video giving directions is on our Facebook page.
Husband, father and lifelong geek. Originally from the West Midlands, now spending my days in South Wales with my family and a house full of animals. Passionate about video games, especially retro gaming, the Commodore 64 and PlayStation Vita. Love pro wrestling, sci-fi and I’m an animal lover and vegetarian.
Enjoyed this and my other articles? Why not buy me a coffee: http://ko-fi.com/simonplumbe