Following our update a couple of days ago regarding room bookings at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel for Auto Assembly 2014, you have been booking your accommodation for this year’s convention at an incredible rate, so much so that there have been times when the Hilton’s online booking system has struggled to cope! Not only that but rooms have been booking faster than ever before which has left some of you disappointed even though rooms have only been on sale for a couple of days so we wanted to bring you all this update…
- This year the Hilton has reserved more bedrooms for Auto Assembly than ever before. While this may not be reassuring to some of you experiencing problems this is a very positive step from the hotel and they have reassured us that the block they have reserved for the convention is not all the rooms that they have available.
- We are working closely with the Hilton regarding all of this and we’re monitoring things very closely on a daily basis to check on room sales and availability of all types.
- Because Auto Assembly 2014 is taking place on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the bulk of our allocation is for those three days. Many of our regulars for the last few years have joined us earlier and in the Hilton’s initial allocation days outside of this weekend are in lower supply. Please rest assured that this doesn’t mean that the Hilton is full, just that our block has been concentrated on the convention weekend. More rooms are being added to the pre and post-convention nights daily to ensure that people can get rooms.
- At the same time, the Hilton is adding more rooms of all types to the main weekend block to ensure that no-one is disappointed. A large portion of the original block has sold out TWICE since bookings went live but the Hilton has already provided us with additional rooms expanding our block considerably.
- The Hilton is a BIG hotel and has 790 bedrooms. If Auto Assembly attendees keep booking, the hotel will keep giving us rooms as long as they have them to give us. In theory, as long as there are bedrooms in the hotel that are not being used, they could be added to our block and we will be working with the hotel to ensure that this happens.
- In the absolute worst case scenario that the Hilton does get into a position that it is fully booked nearer to the convention then we will work with nearby hotels on the NEC complex or at Birmingham International Airport to arrange discount rates for attendees unable to get accommodation in the Hilton. For now, however, we do not see that anyone who has booked for Auto Assembly 2014 being unable to get a room in the Hilton.
If any of you do have difficulties with your room bookings online using the hotel microsite link provided in your confirmation emails, please do not ring the Hilton as their reservations team will not be able to take telephone bookings at the convention rate. Please email us at email@example.com where we will be able to work with you and the Hilton to ensure that you are able to book the rooms that you need. This also ensures that we have all the information we need to forward to the hotel about extra room requirements.
Finally, please keep checking here and on our Facebook and Twitter pages for all the latest updates on room bookings and availability.
Husband, father and lifelong geek. Originally from the West Midlands, now spending my days in South Wales with my family and a house full of animals. Passionate about video games, especially retro gaming, the Commodore 64 and PlayStation Vita. Love pro wrestling, sci-fi and I’m an animal lover and vegetarian.
Enjoyed this and my other articles? Why not buy me a coffee: http://ko-fi.com/simonplumbe