One of the regular features of Auto Assembly for the last few years has been our Game Zone – the section of the convention set aside running a selection of some of the best (and worst!) Transformers computer and video games ever released. While this has been most noticeable since Auto Assembly 2009, we have been running a video games area of one form or another since the convention started back in 2000, but this year we are hoping to make it our biggest and best ever…
This time, the Game Zone will be split into two separate areas and it will be operated in partnership with our sister website, www.transformersvideogames.co.uk. As with previous years, there will be a massive selection of computers and games consoles running an incredible selection of games. It is our intention to run as many Transformers games as possible from all of the titles ever released dating right back to the first game ever released on the Commodore 64 in 1985 right up to Dark Of The Moon on the Playstation 3 and everything in between! We won’t just be running the more common “mainstream” titles though – it’s our intention to run as many of the harder-to-find games and import games that we know many of you won’t have seen before.
Listed here is a full list of the games (and which versions) that we will be running over the weekend and – more importantly – everything here will be running the original games – not running on a PC with an emulator so you’ll be able to play these as the developers intended!
- Transformers (Ocean, 1985) – Commodore 64
- Transformers: Battle To Save The Earth (Activision, 1986) – Commodore 64
- Fight! Super Robot Life Form Transformers: Mystery of Convoy (Takara, 1986) – Famicom
- Challenge Of The Gobots (Reaktor, 1987) – Commodore 64
- Beast Wars (Hasbro Interactive, 1997) – Playstation
- Ketō Transformers Beast Wars: Beast Senshi Saikyō Ketteisen (Takara, 1999) – Gameboy Color
- Beast Wars: Transmetals (Bam! Entertainment, 2000) – Playstation, Nintendo 64
- Dream Mix TV World Fighters (Hudson, 2003) – Gamecube
- Transformers (Atari, 2004) – Playstation 2
- Transformers: The Game (Activision, 2007) – Playstation 2, PS3, Wii, Nintendo DS (both versions), PSP
- Transformers: Animated (Activision, 2008) – Nintendo DS
- Guitar Hero World Tour (Activision, 2009) – Playstation 3
- Revenge Of The Fallen (Activision, 2009) – Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS (both versions)
- War For Cybertron (Activision, 2010) – Playstation 3, Nintendo DS (both versions)
- Cybertron Adventures (Activision, 2010) – Wii
- Dark Of The Moon (Activision, 2011) – Playstation 3, Nintendo DS
We are still trying to track down one or two final games and consoles so we’ll be adding even more to this list!
The second part is something new to Auto Assembly. Next to all of the consoles and computers will be a display cabinet showcasing virtually every Transformers and computer game ever released since 1985 on every format imaginable! Here you will find an incredible selection of games on display, many of which we know you won’t have seen “in the flesh” before including all four versions of Beast Wars: Transmetals including what is arguably the rarest Transformers video game ever released – a BOXED copy of the American edition of the Nintendo 64 edition of this game! This is a display that you won’t want to miss!
If you want to see a few highlights of some of the things you can expect to see as part of the massive game display, take a look below…
With the display, it’s our intention to bring you the most comprehensive display of Transformers video games ever seen in one place – every title ever released including all the different versions release for different formats and many regional variants. We guarantee that there will be games on display that you will have never seen “in the flesh” before!